IT Senior Manager - Job ID 10088
The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) has been solving the technical challenges faced by the military, science community, and industry since 1959. SDL is a University Affiliated Research Center (UARC) and provides space and airborne IR, VIS, UV, and RF sensors, small satellite technologies, test and calibration, cybersecurity, data assurance, and ground stations.
We are seeking applicants for an IT Senior Manager who will direct the overall management of the IT office through subordinate leaders in Network Administration, Systems Administration, and HELP Desk.
· Responsible for the overall management of information technology and computer systems
· Plan, organize, control, and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
· Responsible for the direct supervision of assigned employees including selection, mentoring, training, evaluating, rewarding, etc.
· Work with key internal and external resources to identify problematic areas and implement timely strategic solutions
· Serve as SDL’s primary IT representative for corporate audits and compliance matters
· Work with contracts and program needs
· Manage IT policies and standards
· Overall planning/strategy for future IT needs
· Obtain customer feedback
· Maintain IT compliance requirements
· Develop and monitor IT metrics
· BS in Business Administration or related field l
· Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience
· Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis, and computer hardware/software systems
· Hands-on experience with computer networks, computer administration, and network installation
· Able to relate well to people at all levels within and outside of the organization and preserve relationships, even under difficult or challenging circumstances
· Strong writing and analytical skills
· Ability to present and promote a positive image of the organization
· Must be a US citizen
· Previous experience in the aerospace and defense industry
· Previous experience in both network and systems administration
SDL Benefits: SDL offers flexible work schedules and competitive salaries and benefits. As a University Affiliated Research Center (UARC), SDL also offers unique benefits, such as a generous company contribution for retirement and discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents.
*Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity Employer