CMM Operator/Quality Inspector - Job ID 10103
The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge DoD and intelligence programs for almost six decades. Our expertise is in space and airborne IR, VIS, UV, and RF sensors, small satellite technologies, test and calibration, cybersecurity, data assurance, and ground stations.
We are seeking an experienced quality inspector to join our team. The selected candidate will report to the Quality Assurance Manager and perform quality-inspection related activities in support of meeting program requirements. Responsibilities may include the following:
· Measure product dimensions utilizing a coordinate measuring machine (CMM) and other metrology instruments
· Perform regular quality assessments on incoming material from vendors and outgoing products for shipping
· Disposition of products and materials that fail to meet quality requirements
· Read and understand blueprints, plans, and specifications
· Document inspection results by completing detailed reports and records
The selected candidate may also be involved with supporting various activities associated with several of the organization’s ISO-9001-certified Quality Management System (QMS) processes.
· At least 3-5 years of CMM and quality assurance/engineering experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong problem-solving abilities and ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
· Understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) as it relates to mechanical parts
· Good math and technical skills
· Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques
· Proven ability to work well independently or on a team
· BS in a physical science, engineering, and/or business operation field or equivalent experience
· Quality inspection experience in a research and development environment, aerospace and defense, and or comparable industry
· Active clearance or ability to obtain one
· Knowledge of the ISO 9001 and AS9100D Quality Systems Standards
SDL Benefits: SDL offers competitive salaries and unique benefits, among which include a variety of inexpensive-premium, quality health insurance options; automatic employer retirement contributions, up to 14.2% of base salary; flexible work schedules; generous annual and sick leave; and discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents. At SDL, we take great pride in and value our employees. Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of applying.
*Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity Employer