Software Engineering Assistant - Job ID 10459
The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge DoD and intelligence programs for almost six decades. Our expertise is in space and airborne IR, VIS, UV, and RF sensors, small satellite technologies, test and calibration, cybersecurity, data assurance, and ground stations.
The Space Dynamics Laboratory is seeking a qualified college graduate or undergraduate student for an immediate part-time position (up to 20 hours per week) in Logan, UT. Qualified applicants will have the opportunity to help develop next generation flight and ground support for various aerospace platforms, including satellites, sensor systems, and weapon systems. The applicant will be interacting daily with a team of engineers and other developers, so strong communication and presentation skills are highly desirable.
Minimum Qualifications:· Must be a USU student
· Must demonstrate the ability to participate in team-based development of software
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Must be a US citizen and have or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance
· Ability to operate and develop in Linux and Windows operating systems
· A working knowledge of distributed systems communications using sockets is helpful
· Background in full stack web development, portable UI development, computer security, e.g. authentication and encryption protocols, is desirable, but not a requirement
Instructions to applicants:
Along with the online application, please attach:
1) Cover Letter
Once you complete the initial application, you will receive any e-mail requesting you to complete a video digital interview. For more information, please visit: https://hirevue.secure.force.com/E2Candidate/?lang=en_US
Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of applying.
Student Scholar Program: SDL provides unique opportunities for student employees, such as hands-on experience and our Student Scholar program. The Student Scholar program provides SDL student employees with opportunities to expand their knowledge, extend their work experience, and engage with the community.
*Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity Employer