Engineer - Radio Frequency (RF) - Job ID 9912
Engineer – Radio Frequency Engineer, Experienced
The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) is seeking a highly skilled electrical engineer to perform detailed designs of high reliability electronics systems and subsystems. The selected candidate will work with small to large teams of engineers producing high reliability high quality instrumentation.
· Design of various RF Circuits and Systems.
· Analysis and evaluation of communication links in various operational scenarios.
· Hands on testing and troubleshooting of RF Circuits and Systems.
· Modelling of Circuits and Systems with appropriate Tools.
10+ years of experience in RF design and operations
· Experience with Software Defined Radios
· Understanding of propagation and antenna theory
· Experience with RF system and circuit design modeling tools.
· Strong Communications Skills, both written and verbal.
· Must have or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance
· Must be a US citizen
· Must be able to travel as required
· MSEE or PhD.
· 12+ years of RF design experience
· Design of various RF Circuits and Systems at the component level.
· Hands on Experience with testing and troubleshooting.
· Strong knowledge of the Special Consideration for RF Designs.
· Proven ability to take a Design from Start to Finish
· Experience in high reliability design for space-borne systems
· Understanding of radiation considerations in electronic design
About SDL: SDL, a nonprofit unit of the Utah State University Research Foundation, has been solving the technical challenges faced by the military, science community, and industry since 1959. SDL offers flexible work schedules and competitive salaries and benefits. As a University Affiliated Research Center (UARC), SDL also offers unique benefits, such as company contribution of 14.2% of annual gross earnings for retirement for exempt staff and discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents.
*Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity Employer