Cyber Security Analyst - Job ID 9921
The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) has been solving the technical challenges faced by the military, science community, and industry since 1959. SDL is a University Affiliated Research Center (UARC) and provides sensors, small satellites, ground stations, and other enabling technologies to many government agencies.
SDL is seeking a cyber security analyst to ensure the successful program execution for a Department of Defense (DoD) customer.
· Developing, maintaining, and submitting a system security Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
· Assessing proposed changes to information systems and their environment of operation/mission needs that may affect system Authorization to Operate (ATO)
· Becoming familiar with the processes and policies for Risk Management Framework (RMF), Assessment and Authorization (A&A), and the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
· Evaluating information systems for threats and vulnerabilities to ascertain the need for additional safeguards
· Applying software/system updates and follow test procedures to verify that updates did not break desired functionality
· Planning and executing vulnerability assessments and hardening techniques according to established DoD methods
· BS degree in a related field
· Four plus years of experience in cyber security practices
· Experience with cyber security tools; Assured Compliance Assessment Suite (ACAS), DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Secure Content Automated Protocol (SCAP), and other DoD vulnerability scanning and reporting tools
· Knowledge of Information Technology, to include server and workstation hardware, VMs/VDIs, network architectures, VLANs, VSANs, etc.
· Experience with standard configuration tools, such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and Group Policy Objects (GPO)
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), operating systems (Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, CISCO IOS), and other third party software (Adobe, Firefox, McAfee, etc.) updates/configurations
· VMware ESXi/vSphere
· Scripting (PowerShell, PowerCLI, Bash)
· CISSP or Security+
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Self-motivated and reliable
· Able to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
· Able to initiate tasks independently
· Must have or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance
· Must be a U.S. citizen
SDL Benefits: SDL offers flexible work schedules and competitive salaries and benefits. As a University Affiliated Research Center (UARC), SDL also offers unique benefits, such as company contribution of 14.2% of annual gross earnings for retirement for exempt staff and discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents.
*Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity Employer