Engineer - Satellite Software Engineer - Job ID 9970
SDL is seeking entry to senior level software engineers to develop custom applications to support customers in various small and CubeSat level satellite programs in Albuquerque, NM.
· Development of space flight and ground segment software and integrated embedded systems
· Support for integration and testing of spacecraft bus components and payloads
· Configuration and preparation of satellites for space missions
· Support development and integration of software for mission planning, operation, and telemetry data processing systems
· Strong background in one or more of C++, C#, C, embedded software development and device control, and Web UI development.
· Demonstrated ability to use and uphold standard software development processes including software analysis, design, testing, peer review, and continuous integration techniques
· Good communications skills, both written and verbal
· Effectively work independently and with team members
· Must have or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance
· Must be a US citizen
· Must be able to travel
· Familiarity in one or more of the following is highly desirable:
o Embedded Linux
o VxWorks RTOS and Workbench IDE
o Visual Studio
o Embedded processor families
o Telemetry acquisition
o Network programming
About SDL: as nonprofit unit of the Utah State University Research Foundation, SDL has been solving the technical challenges faced by the military, science community, and industry since 1959. SDL offers flexible work schedules and competitive salaries and benefits. As a University Affiliated Research Center (UARC), SDL also offers unique benefits, such as company contribution of 14.2% of annual gross earnings for retirement for exempt staff and discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents.
*Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity Employer