Engineer - Senior Software - Job ID 9979
The New Software Solutions (NSS) Branch in the C4ISR Systems Division is seeking candidates for a senior-level software engineer to work on the design and development of a large-scale software architecture for defense simulation and training. This application will be used within the mission partner operational training infrastructure (OTI) for live and synthetic exercises. This is a full-time, embedded position within a software integration lab (SIL) at Hill Air Force Base, Utah.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
· Strong computing background, knowledge of C++, and software development experience is required. Additionally, candidates should possess familiarity in one or more of the following areas: software design, software security, signal processing, GPU processing, parallel processing, and database design.
· Working knowledge of Multi-Level Security (MLS) and/or Cross-Domain Solutions (CDS)
· Must be able to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
· Good communications skills, both written and verbal are essential.
· Some travel may be required.
· Must be able to obtain a DoD security clearance
· Must be a U.S. citizen
· Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
· Strong preference for personnel with a current SSBI
About SDL: as nonprofit unit of the Utah State University Research Foundation, SDL has been solving the technical challenges faced by the military, science community, and industry since 1959. SDL offers flexible work schedules and competitive salaries and benefits. As a University Affiliated Research Center (UARC), SDL also offers unique benefits, such as company contribution of 14.2% of annual gross earnings for retirement for exempt staff and discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents.AA/EOE
*Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity Employer