Engineer - Signal Processing - Job ID 9980
The New Software Solutions (NSS) Branch in the C4ISR Systems Division is seeking candidates for an entry-to-mid-level signal processing engineer to develop algorithms for tactical reconnaissance and spacecraft mission data processing applications. Candidates will develop algorithms and tools for one or more of the following areas: digital signal processing (DSP); data modeling and analysis; synthetic data generation; sensor data fusion; detection and estimation including automated/assisted target detection, recognition, and tracking; and machine learning. This position is located in Logan, UT.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
· Must be able to work effectively both independently and as a team member
· Good communications skills, both written and verbal are essential
· Some travel may be required
· Must be able to obtain a DoD security clearance
· Must be a U.S. citizen
· Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
· Strong preference for personnel with a current SSBI
· Strong computing background, knowledge of Python or C++, and software development experience is preferred.
About SDL: as nonprofit unit of the Utah State University Research Foundation, SDL has been solving the technical challenges faced by the military, science community, and industry since 1959. SDL offers flexible work schedules and competitive salaries and benefits. As a University Affiliated Research Center (UARC), SDL also offers unique benefits, such as company contribution of 14.2% of annual gross earnings for retirement for exempt staff and discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents.
*Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity Employer