Systems Administrator - Job ID 9993
Space Dynamics Laboratory is seeking a skilled System Administrator to design, implement, secure, and maintain systems and associated applications, services, and components. Candidate must have five or more years of experience with Windows Server and built in roles (i.e. Active Directory, Print, Files, IIS, Group Policy). Some experience with Linux is desired. Experience with one or more of the following would be helpful: VMware, Docker, storage devices, JIRA/Confluence, MSSQL, SharePoint, Exchange, audio/video systems, network licensing, backup, and monitoring.
· Achieves in-depth knowledge of company processes, systems, and networks
· Monitors assigned systems to ensure high availability, optimum performance, and security
· Assists with the day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades
· Assists Service Desk team as needed
· Follows established IT policies and procedures to perform audits and ensure compliance
· Ensures data integrity by implementing standard software and hardware solutions.
. BS in a related field, industry certifications are preferred
· Working knowledge and experience with Tier 1 support (hardware/software/peripherals)
· Understanding and ability to implement Information Systems security best practices
· Willing to perform maintenance and support on systems outside of core hours as required.
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
· Professionalism and courtesy in all interactions
· Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance
· Working knowledge of core systems administrator protocols
· Work well under pressure
· Models a strong work ethic
· Focuses on results
· Follows through on commitments and assignments
About SDL: as nonprofit unit of the Utah State University Research Foundation, SDL has been solving the technical challenges faced by the military, science community, and industry since 1959. SDL offers flexible work schedules and competitive salaries and benefits. As a University Affiliated Research Center (UARC), SDL also offers unique benefits, such as company contribution of 14.2% of annual gross earnings for retirement for exempt staff and discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents.
*Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity Employer