Contract Administrator II - Job ID 9997
The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge DoD and intelligence programs for almost six decades. Our expertise is in space and airborne IR, VIS, UV, and RF sensors, small satellite technologies, test and calibration, cybersecurity, data visualization and assurance, and ground stations.
We are seeking applicants for a mid level Contract Administrator (Contract Admin II). This position is responsible for all phases of contract and grant administration, including: review of solicitations, proposal preparation and review, contract negotiation and award administration.
· BS degree is required
· Working and practical understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), NASA FAR Supplement, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other related regulatory and statutory requirements
· Working knowledge of CFR 200 - Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
· Understanding of general contract, business, and fiscal law
· 5 years or more of experience in federal government contracting and/or subcontract administration
· Experience with the preparation and review of contract documents and statements of work
· The ability to professionally and effectively communicate and coordinate with a wide range of project sponsors, principal investigators, co-workers, and other stakeholders.
· Well-developed computer skills including the Microsoft Office Suite, web browsers, and government/customer/internal databases
· Ability to work flexible hours and travel on occasion.
· Must be self-motivated, proactive, hardworking and solution oriented.
· Proven ability to work well both independently and on a team.
· Experience with commercial contracting and large, complex federal awards a plus.
· An MBA, MS, MPA, JD or other related academic credential
· CPM, CPA, CPCM, CFCM, CCCM, DAWIA Certification or related professional credentials
· An active DoD Security Clearance
SDL Benefits: SDL offers competitive salaries and benefits. As a University Affiliated Research Center (UARC), SDL also offers unique benefits, such a flexible work schedule and discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents.
*Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity Employer